Welcome to the new LHCC volunteer site! Here you will find updates about our programs, current volunteer needs, and updated CMS information as well as announcements on program cancellations and special events.
Cancellations and Holidays
- No upcoming cancellations or holidays. If you are unable to make it to a scheduled night, please contact Rebeca at firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time.
Current and Upcoming Programs
- We are excited to start up two new programs including the LHCC SLAY the Dragon (of discouragement) Leadership Academy for middle and high school students and our Kinship Kitchen.
- LHCC Connecthub:
- Connecthub is held on Mondays and Wednesdays at Saint Andrew’s to offer supervision, internet access, and breakfast and lunch to students who are currently taking classes online. Students also have access to games, books, and outdoor play areas to use while on their breaks.
- LHCC SLAY the Dragon Leadership Academy:
- A middle and high school student leadership program focused on teaching life skills and motivating students. Volunteers hold workshops with students to introduce them to new hobbies and careers in a setting that promotes community.
- Our first two sessions covered chess and photography. Now students are excited to play chess during their breaks and a few are using their phone cameras to take new pictures.
- LHCC Kinship Kitchen and Culinary Cuisine Academy:
- A community kitchen for LHCC families and community members to learn new recipes, cook, and grow their catering businesses. Currently in the planning phase. Volunteers will be invited to help our parents prepare and sell food while experiencing cuisine from around the world.
Current Volunteer Needs
- We are looking for more volunteers to assist and supervise students during the day on Mondays and Wednesdays, at our ConnectHub. Time shifts available between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm. Volunteers will take students outside to play, help them with assignments, and will assist younger students with online classes. If you are interested or know of someone who is, please contact Rebeca at email@example.com.
- We are reaching out to high school and college-aged students to lead workshops for our middle and high school students. Workshops range from life skills like organization to interests such as photography. If you are interested or know of someone who is, please contact Rebeca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are recruiting for a full-time Operations Team Leader. Our team is seeking to grow and expand our quality of program services to the churches and neighborhoods where we choose to serve. We desire to hire an individual with passion and ingenuity who can help up grow and make a God-sized impact as we continue to serve the needs of our neighbors. Please speak to Brent if you have any referrals or need the job description.
- CMS has moved pre-k, elementary, and students with disabilities to in-person learning as of February 15th. Middle and high school students will return on February 22nd.
Updates on District 2 Performance
- District 2 is the district for the majority of our students. Below you will find some information on the impacts of COVID-19 on student progress in the district. While this information can be disheartening, we do want to emphasize that we will continue to work with our students throughout the year and this coming summer to fill the gaps. We are also focusing on their mental, emotional, and physical well-being during this time.
Hebrews 6:10 “God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.”
Thank you for reading all the way to the bottom. And thank you for being the best part of LHCC!
Brent, Rebeca, Diego, Brittany and Caren